I’ll be the first to admit that blogging keeps me honest. I’ve taken a little hiatus from my fitness ventures and it’s time to get back in the game. Don’t get wrong, I’ve still been working out, but not as hard, and my diet, hasn’t been as strict. I’m here to motivate myself but motivate you as well. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. But it also has a lot to do with your mindset. I truly believe that if your heart is not in something, you won’t be as successful. So here I am, letting you guys keep me accountable. Let’s look at 8 reasons to get back at it!
- You can start getting excited about food in a whole new way! And feel good about it! The fitness train has arrived and more and more people are blogging and talking about fun recipes and ways to still enjoy all the noms. Check out these great make-ahead breakfast ideas! And get yourself on Pinterest!
- It’s about time you made ____ _____’s jaw drop. Yes – you’re allowed to be vain. Fitness and health are important to keep our bodies and minds strong for the road ahead but there ain’t NOTHING wrong with rocking a hott body and getting others to notice 😉 My boyfriend gets back in 9 weeks and I am GOING to make his mouth hit the floor. Who do you want to impress?
- You’re tired of being…..tired. I’m just tooo tired to workout, I can’t sleep at night, I’m just not motivated. It’s probably because you need to get your butt in gear! Really! The more you move the more you’re going to want to move. Just do it! Today I didn’t want to workout and the minute I started running I was soo happy with myself and now I’m even more pumped for tomorrow!
- Because enough yesterdays could have equaled today. Let’s be honest. The longer you put anything off, the longer it’s going to take to get to where you want to be. Stop saying “I’ll start this when…” you don’t need a date or a wedding or Halloween or any event to get you to love your body. Love it now!
- You’re uncomfortable. We’ve all been there. Nothing fits the way we want it to. There’s only so many shirts we would actually wear out and shopping for pants or anything form-fitting is a nightmare! Is numerous moments with numerous cheeseburgers worth the feeling you’re having now? Think about the big picture. Think about how you want to FEEL beyond just how you want to look.
- You can be a role model. We all have friends we’d like to inspire, maybe you’re a parent and want to lead a good example for your kids, or we want to stay strong with our partner and make sure we both stay on track. Who ever it is, realize that YOUR actions and well-being effect a lot more people than just you. And the people who love and care about you want you to be healthy so you’re around for all the forevers!
- This mood has got to go! Feeling just bleh lately? Maybe sad, maybe irritable. I promise you that eating healthy and working out will solve 90 if not 120% of all of that. Take control of your life! You have a lot more say in it than you might have originally thought. Observe your emotions and your body and if you aren’t liking what they have to say, take action!
- You want a challenge. The biggest reward for losing weight, achieving fitness goals, getting healthy and creating new habits is that once you start to make progress you feel PROUD! Your confidence soars, everyone notices, you laugh more, and you get to get up every morning knowing you’re a straight up badass!