It’s spring time and easy recipes are always on my agenda. I’ve made plenty of breakfast casseroles in the past but they are usually filled with fat and cheese (delicious) but not accomodating to my waist line. So I whipped up this easy recipe while back that is so easy, healthy, and delicious you just might want to make it every week! I’ve also decided to start posting on a weekly basis (probably every Wednesday) to keep a steady stream of info out to you guys and not go MIA for months at a time anymore!
- 8 large eggs
- 8oz of ham or turkey breast
- 3-4 cups of fresh spinach
- 6oz crumbled feta cheese (typical package size)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray
- Beat eggs in large bowl until well blended
- Add in crumbled feta and stir
- Chop up meat into bite sized pieces and stir into mixture
- Add in 3-4 cups spinach and blend
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until middle can be poked with a knife and come out clean
When you pour all of the ingredients into the pan, it will look like there isn’t enough egg mixture to soak the spinach but trust me, as the eggs rise the dish will come out perfect!
You can eat 1/8 of the frittata for 168 calories or 1/4 of it for only 336 calories! My boyfriend LOVES this and wants me to make it all the time. Also a great post-workout snack. You can make it ahead of time and eat it all week, too!
In the picture above I also made a side of sliced bananas and blueberries for a yummy morning treat.