It’s so easy to stay in the negative when we aren’t in the shape we want to be in. We make excuses, we say it’s too hard, we complain of being so tired, depressed, and unenergetic. There’s NO WAY we could possibly committ to a daily workout, especially BEFORE we start our day.
But we forget (and so easily, too) how amazing it does feel to BE active and to STAY active.
People often say “I just ran out of motivation” and believe me, I used to say the same thing. Then I realized that waiting to do something or start something until you WANT to do it is never going to get you anywhere. If I only did things based on when I FELT like it, I’d never go to work, I’d never get out of bed before 9AM, I’d be completely and utterly unaccomplished and bored with myself.
We have to CREATE motivation, strength, and determination. These are outcomes of our own internal assessment and self growth.
Here are some things I started doing lately and the after effects:
- I started drinking LOTS more water (close to 100 oz a day) and now I WANT to drink more water all the time, in fact, I’m thirstier
- I started doing 5am cardio and now I go to bed on time WANTING to wake up and workout all over again
- I started putting fuel into my body instead of sludge to merely keep me alive and now I CRAVE healthier food
- I stopped drinking alcohol when I was depressed or had a rough day and instead I go on a walk or a run and guess what, I FEEL better
- I never let myself go more than 2 days without working out, even when I’ve had bad food the same day, and now I find myself craving bad foods less!
I now SLEEP harder, think DEEPER, SEE further, and feel BETTER.
But why is it so easy to forget this when we dive into a plate of nachos Friday night and then somehow don’t come up for air again until Monday morning when we feel defeated, exhausted, and mentally drained from guilt?
We have to keep track of how things make us feel. We have to REMEMBER what makes us feel GOOD, what makes us feel ACCOMPLISHED, and sexy!
Trust me, there are perks to the hard work it takes to lose weight and get your body into shape. This is a continual journey for more than just abs, it keeps your brain active and alert and aids in the complete, all-encompassing joy that is your life.
Don’t give up! You GOT this! Get it!
A look into my early start today….