Who doesn’t love French toast on the weekend?! I’m always trying to find sneaky ways to still eat my favorite foods. I created an easy French toast recipe that will leave you full, satisfied, and not even missing the syrup!
What you’ll need:
- Low-cal cinnamon raison bread (I used Safeway brand at 60 calories a slice)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk
- ground cloves
You can either make up a big batch – the amounts above are for one serving (2 pieces of french toast)
- Heat up griddle pan to med heat
- Mix egg, almond milk, cinnamon, ground cloves, and vanilla extract into a shallow dish (I just do a dash of the spices and eye ball the almond milk)
- Dip each piece of bread into mixture, coating both sides and cook on griddle
- Mix up sliced strawberries with 2 tsps of powdered sugar
And VOILA! You have an amazing breakfast you won’t feel gulty about at only 275 calories!