Creamy, decadent, guilt-free cheesecake. OH, it exists!
When you’re craving cheesecake and don’t have cream cheese, don’t worry! There’s a solution and it’s delicious. CAUTION: these are REALLY, really, REALLY good.
First off, I bought some mini graham cracker crusts by Keebler. They sell them in 6 packs and each one is 100 calories each. I was thinking about making my own individual ones and that just felt like too much work.
The recipe is super simple and easy, you’ll be buying greek yogurt a lot more often 😉
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 10 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into 6 mini crusts
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until just the middle is soft at the top
- They will need to cool in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
- Top with raspberries or fruit of choice and enjoy!
Whatcha gonna do with those extra banananananas?!? Well you’ll only need two for this recipe and the browner they are, the sweeter your clean banana bread will taste! This recipe ROCKS! I’m telling ya, you’ll want to gobble it right up. Each loaf makes 8 super soft and velvety 106 calories pieces of heavenly banana bread. When most recipes are close to 250 calories a piece and pushing 20g of sugar, you’re bound to feel guilty but not with this one!!
What’s the key to healthier baked goods? Well for one thing, I’ve learned that you do not need mountains of flour to hold something together. All this time, I always thought that 2 1/2 cups of flour was a staple amount just because, I dunno, that’s what people have always done. I got away with just 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour for this recipe and the bread is more spongy and soft and luxurious than anything I’ve ever had.
I always like to sub in some healthier alternatives for ingredients. So instead of regular butter and milk and white flour, I opted for some healthier alternatives. First up, I used Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. I love this stuff.
I also used my favorite yogurt butter by Brummel & Brown that has only 45 calories per tablespoon.
I also used almond milk instead of regular milk.
- 2 Bananas
- 2 TBSP Brummel & Brown Yogurt Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TSBP almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 8 tsp sugar
- 1/4 unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Mash together bananas in small bowl, add in almond milk, ground cloves, and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer
- In a third bowl, combine all dry ingredients; baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whole wheat flour
- Pour banana mixture into butter and sugar bowl
- Then add all dry ingredients and blend together with the mixer
- Pour into lightly greased (I always use Pam or any spray) loaf pan. I think mine is around 5×9
- Baking for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
- Drop out onto cutting board or flat cutting surface and let cool for 10-15 minutes
- Slice into 8 pieces for 106 calorie servings. Bread will be very moist and will need to cool completely before storing in containers or Ziplocs to keep it from getting soggy.