The weekends were made for amazing breakfasts. There’s nothing like sleeping in, making a fresh pot of black coffee and smelling sausage cooking on the stove. This easy recipe will be hard to keep around through breakfast. I had to go back for seconds. With only 3 ingredients, you’re sure to make this over and over again.
What you’ll need:
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (or 12 oz) of your favorite ground sausage
- cooking spray
- baking dish (I used a 9×11)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ground sausage on the stove over medium heat
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs and 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray and pour egg/cheese mixture evenly
- Top crumbled sausage over egg mixture
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella over dish (you can do this before or after baking depending on your preference)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, edges will start to turn faint light brown
Slice into 8 pieces and try not to go back for seconds! 😉 Each serving has 292 calories, 24g fat, 1.8g carbs, 16.3g protein. For a less dense dish, you could add half the sausage.