This easy no bake cheesecake is a great way to satisfy your cheesecake craving without feeling guilty. Being a cleaner recipe, it won’t taste as sugary as a slice of Sara Lee (which holds a whopping 330 calories and 33g of sugar for one piece). But, as time goes by and you begin to eat less sugar, you’ll find that this cake is extremely satisfying, delicious, and surprisingly filling!
What you’ll need:
- 6oz cream cheese (you can also used the whipped kind for fewer calories. I stick to regular as I try to avoid anything that says “light” or “fat-free” because they typically contain more chemicals/fake sugars)
- 1/2 cup grape nuts
- 1 tsp. yogurt butter (I use Brummel and Brown)
- 2 tbsp. pure honey
- Melt yogurt butter in microwave for around 20 seconds or until completely melted
- Mix yogurt butter in a small bowl with 1/2 cup grape nuts to help hold them together for the crust
- Spread grape nut mixture onto a lightly greased small pie pan. This will be a very thin bottom coating and there may be a few gaps, don’t worry. The idea is just to get a little crunch at the bottom of the cake.
- Set pie pan with grape nut crust in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden
- In a separate bowl, combine 6oz of cream cheese with 2 tbsp. honey and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until soft and pour-able.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of crust
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- When ready to serve, top with raspberries or fruit of choice and enjoy!
1/4 of the cheese cake comes in just under 200 calories with 10.4g of sugar. As always, calories may vary depending on the type of cream cheese you use and how much fruit you add-on top. I am looking forward to experimenting with varying cheese cake recipes in the future and may also try a crust-less version soon!